ACP is proud to be the ICDL partner for the Singapore Region
SINGAPORE – ACP is honored to be one of the instruments to be partnered with one of the trusted ICT accreditation body in Asia.
ICDL (International Computer Driving License) is the international standard in end-user computer skills. It is a certification in the practical use of computers and computer applications.
ICDL Asia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ECDL Foundation – the international standard in digital skills certification. It is joined over 13 million people and boosts individuals’ skillset at any stage and at any age with a flexible certification.
ICDL Asia was established to manage the accreditation of a growing network of ICDL Accredited Test Centers. It works with communities, local and regional authorities, national governments, international bodies and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), to deliver its ICT skills certification programmes across the region.
ICDL is made up of range of modules, categorized as: Base modules, Standard modules, and Advanced modules. This range of modules enables to develop and certify your computer skills in the subject areas of your choosing and to the level that you need – either for work, or day-to-day life.
ICDL Base modules certify skills that are considered essential skills because they are crucial for anyone who uses a computer to possess.
- Computer Essentials. This module teaches the essential concepts and skills relating to the use of devices, file creation and management, networks and data security.
- Online Essentials. This module teaches the essential concepts and skills in relation to web browsing, effective information search, online communication and email.
- Word Processing. The module teaches the usage of a word processing application to fulfill everyday tasks in lieu with creating, formatting and finishing small-sized word processing documents – letters and other documents.
- Spreadsheets. This module teaches the understanding of concepts of spreadsheets and the usage of spreadsheet application. It enables a performance of tasks correlating with developing, formatting, modifying and using the spreadsheet in all forms – use of standard formulas and functions and creation and format graphs or charts.
ICDL Standard modules complement the array of Basic modules. These modules enable the development of skills in knowledge areas that are appropriate for everyday living, and of course, for a job role.
- Presentation. This module enables the demonstration of competence in using presentation tools on a computer. This teaches competent and high quality of performance such as creating, formatting, modifying and preparing presentations using different side layouts for display and printed distribution.
- Using Databases. This module develops and enhances work-based skills. It enables an understanding of the main concepts of databases and demonstration of the abilities to use a database application – creating and modifying tables, queries, forms and reports, and preparing outputs ready for distribution, learning to relate tables and to retrieve and manipulate information from a database by using query and sort tools.
- Web Editing. This module develops understanding of key web editing and publishing concepts, and to design, create, upload and maintain a static website. It explains the basics and defines in a straightforward manner. It also develops understanding of key concepts underpinning web editing and publishing, in addition to acquiring a wide range of web design skills, from basic HTML to image manipulation.
- Image Editing. This module teaches the use of various programmes to shape and manipulate images and create a new one for printing or publishing on the web.
- Project Planning. This module was developed to enable understanding and grasp of usage of project management software to prepare project plans and monitor projects. It also includes planning and managing time, costs, tasks, and resources.
- IT Security. This module enables the computer user to identify and protect individuals and organizations from common security challenges when using ICT.
- Online Collaboration. The module teaches the effective collaboration on online/remote project. It sets out concepts and skills relating to the setup and use of online collaborative tools – storage, productivity, applications, social media, calendars, web meetings, learning environment and mobile technology.
- 2D Computer Aided Design. This module is suitable for students who will be commencing study in fields related to the architectural, engineering, and construction sectors, or in a non-technical capacity.
- Managing Online Information. This module sets to be essential concepts and skills relating to identifying, searching, evaluating, organizing and communicating online information.
ICDL Advanced modules enable a ‘power user/perform advanced actions’ in the four of the most commonly used applications. These modules aim to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of various applications.
- Advanced Word Processing. This module provides the ability to use the advanced features of word processing applications for work enhancement, productivity improvement and time saving tasks. Upon completion, it is set to help on a high level skillset in word processing and its features.
- Advanced Spreadsheets. This module enables production of more sophisticated reports, upbeat performance of complex mathematical applications and statistical calculations, by which individual can gain such advancement upon completing the module. Also, these learned skills can save an individual’s amount of time and thus improve productivity.
- Advanced Databases. This advanced module maximizes advanced database functions to manage fully and analyze high volumes of data. Efficiently production of a high quality and concrete quantity of information are guaranteed.
- Advanced Presentations. This module consists of advanced presentation features that can enable an individual’s use of presentation application to its full potential, plan and design more effective presentations that creates greater impact and will involve more audience.
ACP with its newest certification partner, ICDL, both believe that digital skills are essential life skills. These skills empower individuals, employers and organizations as a whole. It connects people, help them to be more efficient and productive, and generally enhance their circumstance and edge in the market and in their chosen industry.
ICDL contributes to global development, education, workforce development and inclusive information society. It promotes recovery and productivity in Singapore by offering quality and certifiable courses or modules that are set to enhance skills and abilities.
To know more about ICDL Modules, you can visit www.acpcomputer.edu.sg or contact us directly through +65 6227 7996 or email us at email@example.com